Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chocolate Bunnies

I was just reading this fascinating article from The Independent about the origin of the chocolate bunny and egg we sometimes get as a treat in our Easter baskets. According to the article,
The chocolate bunny, like the chocolate Easter egg, is a much more recent idea, stemming from 18th and 19th-century middle European confectionery traditions, many of which were adopted in Britain.
Hmm very interesting. Perhaps some of the Devonshire progeny enjoyed a chocolate egg or two!

5 comments:

  1. That is fascinating! I have to wonder whether the Progeny gave Miss Trimmer as much chocolate-induced trouble as my daughter is giving me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know this about chocolate bunnies! Happy Easter, Heather! Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael that is hilarious!

    Happy Easter Vic! I just conveniently stumbled upon that fact last night and now all I want to do is investigate further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting article! Easter has always been such a fun holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of this post as I ate a chocolate bunny today.

    ReplyDelete